Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past)

+3
spec spec
Ghaleon281
Slob Blobknob
7 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past)

Post  Captain Stickybeard Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Saul wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 Rszberserkguts2
Seeing Liana putting up her dagger relaxes Saul, though he's still rather curious about her sudden outburst.

"Erm...how long of a boat ride are we talking?"

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past)

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:02 am

Cecilia Phron wrote:Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 YrBiA

From behind Saul, Cecilia speaks, making no attempt at subtlety.

"A few years, apparently. Given the circumstances, her outburst is perfectly understandable. No less forgivable, mind you... I can't imagine how Trenton expects me to tolerate such an obviously hostile aide, nevermind one who cannot manage something so simple as self-control."

She sighs, shaking her head.

"I suppose we shall just have to adapt. Perhaps we'll discover the means by which to expedite this process. Oh, and, Alchemist..."

Cecilia turns to face the half-construct.

"See if you cannot brew up some sort of perfume. I've already grown tired of the constant remarks about my poppet's scent from the ra-" She pauses a moment to correct herself, remembering how the rat responds to derision. "-from Skivven and the irritating one. I don't need to hear the crew's complaints, as well. I do forget how few individuals are accustomed to the scent of death."
Remember that time Cecilia gave a damn about pissing Liana off? I don't.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:34 am

Skivven wrote: Skivven frowns for a moment longer before lowering his gun and speaking to no one in particular.

"Skivven not like the idea of long boat ride either, but Skivven thinks outbursts like that on small boat being regular thing is problematic."

Skivven turns his head to gaze at Cecilia

"Skivven also not actually bothered by Cecilia's smell, just finds it funny that someone who chooses to smell like that is bothered by it. Skivven thinks maybe Cecilia should have asked while at Skivven's place or maybe looked over Skivven's bathroom closer for something to mask scent if it bothers her so much. But Skivven will stop for sake of no more outbursts and conservation of ammo."

Skivven states before shrugging and walking to the boat to tap at the spot hit by the axe with a curious claw.

"Skivven wonders how well it stop bullets."

He muses, clearly resisting the urge to test.

"At least knight and depressing metal man good companions for travel so far."

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Bjornulf Freyson wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 TQEVRXl
Bjornulf hugs Liana with all of the vigor she would have expected.

"I understand. It was a very painful experience for the both of us. But it gladdens my heart to see you again, my niece," he says in Dwarven. Then, unexpectedly, he begins speaking in Common!

"Well, now, Skivven, my inquisitive little friend! If you're that curious, why don't you give it a try! I promise you'll be disappointed if you expect it not to hold up!"

Bjornulf pauses to wave to Cecilia. He smiles.

"Sorry to trick you like that, making you think I didn't speak Greek, but when I heard old Trenton saying you and he were gonna--well, no matter. He might not care about my opinion, but I'll be giving it to him when we get back, just the same! Come on, now! Everyone, let's help the crew get our supplies loaded. Skivven, you can join us after you've had your fun with the hull."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Saul wrote:
Saul's a bit confused on Bjornulf's motives for deception, but decides to drop it. Before leaving to unload, he places his hand on Boshi's head and rubs it a bit. He looks to Bjornulf.

"Excuse me, but do you have a place on your ship for keeping horses? If possible, I would like to put Boshi in a stable before I go and help."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Skivven wrote: Skivven continues for several moments to scratch one claw over the ships hull, his other hand busy with the hammers on his gun before sighing and turning away.

"Skivven decided not to shoot boat, on one hand if Skivven breaks boat it proves guns are best thing ever, then Liana stabs Skivven again and takes away gun, On other hand if slugs bounce off they may hit someone Skivven not supposed to shoot and Boss complain for hours..again, also Skivven not sure he ready to live in world with cheating bulletproof things yet."

The little ratman muses as he catches up with the others.  

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Cecilia Phron wrote:Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 YrBiA

Cecilia first addresses Skivven.

"The scent hardly bothers me. However, I'm accustomed to being around those who are similarly unaffected. I've simply no more patience for your or that one's-" She gestures to Liana. "-remarks, is all."

After finishing with the rat-folk, Cecilia turns to face Bjornulf, smiling wryly.

[Common] "The deception concerns me less than you might suspect, Bjornulf. It'd have surprised me more if I were to actually encounter someone who behaved genuinely with me. Besides, [Dwarvenorse] I can hardly disprove of such behavior when attempting to evaluate companions."

The witch's smile widens briefly after effortlessly changing languages, but fades as she looks back to the boat with a sigh.

[Common] "I suppose I should familiarize myself with the vessel now, since Skivven decided against testing its durability. Mithral is sturdy enough, after all. And, worst case scenario, we sink."

Cecilia shrugs, clearly unfazed by her own remarks. She walks towards the boat, intending to do precisely as she stated, and ignoring any other preparations that need be done.
Cecilia would have heard quite clearly when Bjornulf referred to Common as Greek, but likely would have thought nothing of it...

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Bjornulf Freyson wrote:
Bjornulf laughs heartily at Skivven's comments. He speaks in Common for the sake of some in the party.

"Well, my friend, in that regard you have little to concern yourself with! We're headed into areas much more primitive than you're used to here in Trenton's little slice of Mid--er, Earth. Not much is out there that should be able to resist that little boomstick you've got, that's for sure."

He turns to Saul.

"No need to fret. There's a cargo hold, deceptively large. You can put him in there, he should be pretty comfortable. As for where the rest of us sleep, well...you'll see."

Bjornulf regards Cecilia.

"I'm mighty sorry to hear that, miss. It's a shame you've had so few deal honestly with you in the past. I'll do what I can to deal honestly with you in the future."

He claps his hands.

"Well, we've got most of our supplies loaded up, so I think it's about time we shove off! Kiss your last goodbyes to the solid ground, 'cause you won't be seeing it for the next few months!"

Bjornulf laughs and raises a mug, from which he drinks vigorously.

"One more before we board, to make the boarding process more bearable!"

He beckons the group to board the ship.
Everybody, sound off, please! I'd like everybody to post that they board, even if it's just that, so that I know who is still in and who we've lost. I have to make plans for characters that couldn't make it.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 am

Liana Shadowstalker wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 3H0Pk

Liana attempts to realign her spine after the hug.

"If you trust these ships...well, I guess it's not like I have much choice in the matter anyway."

She sighs, then moves to board.

"And here I was thinking I'd never get back onto a ship...much less a Norse vessel. This is...weirdly nostalgic, in a way. She got a name, Bjornulf?"

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Saul wrote:
"Ah, good. Thank you, sir."

Saul grabs a hold of Boshi and begins to board. He speaks to Boshi quietly.

"Alright Boshi, you're going to be cooped up there for a few months. Be good, okay?"

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Skivven wrote: Skivven shrugs and hops onto the boat, spending a short time wandering around the deck.

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Cecilia eyes Bjornulf cautiously.

"Hm... We shall see, captain."

She steps on to the boat, but turns quickly, as though just remembering something.

"Oh, and, if possible... I would like to look at whatever maps you happen to have to familiarize myself with this world. Further, I-" She pauses briefly to consider her words. "Hm... I guess I shouldn't expect you to have a collection of texts describing as much of this world as possible on-hand... But, it is going to be a long trip. [Dwarvenorse] I hope you and your crew are not opposed to telling a few stories, Bjornulf. I doubt there will be many other options to pass the time."

She adds a smirk, then goes about finding a comfortable location to settle on the longboat.

Sense motive: 12+9 = 21 regarding Bjornulf's previous statement about trying to be honest, and Diplomacy 10+5 = 15 for a favorable reaction from Bjornulf and crew regarding the stories comment. Cecilia asks in the hopes of making her geography, local, history, nobility, and religion checks at least somewhat useful while on Earth.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  spec spec Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:33 am

Alistair wrote:Alistair shrugged to himself, making his way onto the boat. His gaze seemed to be elsewhere at the time, as he shuffled on deck and turned his gaze towards the horizon.

spec spec

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:47 am

Skivven wrote: Skivven continues to wander about the deck, poking his claws into the seams between planks, toying with ropes and generally getting in the way. Once bored with this new hobby he finds himself next to Alistair.

"Metal man is very quiet, Skivven wonders what is on metal man's mind. Does metal man really like looking blankly at things so much?"   The small demihuman queries  

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  spec spec Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:50 pm

Alistair Bedlow wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 9 Alistair

"Lot on my mind, I guess. Still processing what all has happened. Where it all links up together. Where I can possibly discern a next course of action in case of...emergency." He took out his waterskin, taking a quick sip of the water inside before putting it away, looking to Skivven. "Also gives me something to do."

spec spec

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:05 am

Skivven wrote: Skivven tilts his head and scratches behind one ear.

"Skivven does that sometimes. Is good thing to have quiet moment with thoughts, hard to do sometimes in drow city. But Skivven thinks Metal Man's thoughts and Skivven's thoughts different perhaps.  Skivven rather spend quiet time in bath after hard day work, or taking apart guns and other mechanical things, is also something to be said in Skivven's opinion about experimenting with new shell types for Skivven's gun. "   The small demihuman trails off, still scratching at one ear before shrugging. "Skivven does think planning for emergencies is good though, cheating boat make Skivven think about bulletproof things Skivven needs to shoot but Skivven thinks just required bigger gun, or more powder..."

Skivven trails off once more lost in thought.

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Bjornulf Freyson wrote:

Bjornulf looks inquisitively at Liana.

"My niece, we are not Dökkálfar. We have no need to name our vessels. Ah, but don't be fooled by the outside. I think you'll be as pleased as you can be when you see what it looks like on the inside!"

Bjornulf leads the party into the ship. To their surprise, the ship is incredibly roomy below deck! In fact, it is far roomier than would seem possible given the boat's size. The area below deck begins with a large dining room, flanked on all sides by small bedrooms. There are several large roast boar on the table, and the table is set for plenty. The wood is elaborately finished, and there are decorative rugs scattered about the floor. Bjornulf holds out his arms warmly.

"Welcome to your new home until we finish this insane quest of Trenton's!"

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Cecilia is caught off guard by the sudden growth of the ship, but manages to maintain composure.

"Ah, interesting. I suppose this voyage will be more comfortable than I anticipated. I take it this is a..." She trails off, casting a quick cantrip. "An extradimensional space, and not just an illusion. The accommodations seem pleasing, as well... Most impressive, Bjornulf."

She walks past, taking the opportunity to look around the boat and picking a room for herself.
The spell was detect magic, with the spellcraft roll from the idle banter: 8+20 = 28. I suppose an appraise check or something to pick the best looking room that is not obviously the captain's quarters? ...Which is an amazing 4+7 = 11, so I guess she'll ultimately pick one at random or something.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm

"Of course, of course. My apologies, Bjornulf. Always thought it was a silly practice anyway. It's a boat, not a fair maiden."

Liana eyes the area warily.

"If nothing else, it at least seems comfortable down here. It's almost enough to make me forget that I'm on one of these horrible things again. Er, no offense."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Storyteller wrote:
The party settles down in the boat for a long journey. The journey is fairly uneventful. Bjornulf is above deck during the day, helping steer the boat toward its destination port. At night, Bjornulf descends into the cabin with the party and his crew in order to eat, drink, sleep, and tell the party stories of his life on the sea, if they will listen. He does his best to console Liana for her fear of boats. He tells the party that they are fortunate. Strange monsters have been seen in these parts of the ocean of late, but the boat has steered clear of them so far. After a month of sailing, the party, tiring of their shipbound lifestyle, hears the words that they have been longing for.
Bjornulf Freyson wrote:

"We've reached the port! Time to disembark!"

Bjornulf smiles widely.

"Though, I can't say where we should ask first if we're going to find this Flamel."
Thanks to Bjornulf's stories, the party is now more prepared for the threats they may face at sea and on the continent! Party members trained in the proper knowledges gain a +2 on Religion checks for local deities and are able to make knowledge checks on Norse deities, and also gain a +2 on Knowledge: Geography on Scandinavian geography and a +2 on Knowledge: Nature checks to discern the nature of Scandinavian wildlife.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Cecilia boldly walks off the boat without hesitation, turning slightly to address Bjornulf.

"It was... An enlightening trip, Bjornulf. Unfortunately, I do not believe the naval life is one I'd wish to keep."

She looks over the surrounding area, taking in the new environment.

"An interesting land, this 'Scandinavia.'" The witch sighs, shaking her head with mild annoyance. "I suppose I've no choice but to start with the nearest settlement, unless there's a lead someone did not see fit to mention. Knight."

Cecilia looks towards Saul. "I trust you and your pet will be prepared for the journey? The weeks at sea did not stifle your willingness to stand at the front?"
Perception: 13+14 = 27 for taking in the area, I guess. Kinda feels like a wasted roll, but whatever.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Skivven wrote: Skivven hops off the boat, looking quite pleased to be on solid ground again.

"Skivven not want to offend large man, but Skivven thinks boats maybe worst thing ever invented." the small rat pipes up as he wanders around the landing area searching.

"Skivven supposes if he standing at front Skivven switch to slugs, horselizard and knight might not like buckshot like Cecilia did." he adds with a grin.
19+16= 35 for the perceptions

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Saul wrote:
Saul steps off the ship with Boshi, stretching.

"Man...it's great to be back on solid land again. Not that being on the boat wasn't an interesting experience...regardless, thanks for the ride, Bjolnurf."

Saul looks around the area, taking in this new land.

"Heh, don't worry. I've been waiting to get back out on the front line. That's where Boshi and I are at our best."
Perception: 5+14 = 19

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:17 am

Liana spends much of the month holed up in her room, avoiding all contact with others whenever possible. She is clearly uneasy about the entire situation. When not hiding from everyone and everything, she can occasionally be seen going through notebooks.

Liana wastes no time at all getting off the boat.

"Sweet, merciful land!"

She takes a deep breath, running a hand through her short hair.

"I have to admit, Bjornulf, the whole experience was not anywhere near as bad as I was expecting...but all the same I think I'll stick to the city..."

She mumbles:

"If that's even an option, damned Trenton and his stupid bloody plans."
Perception: 15 + 13 = 28

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:01 am

Cecilia smiles at Saul's remark. "Wonderful. Hopefully you'll hold them long enough to prevent another dragon from breathing on me this time. Which reminds me, Skivven..."

She turns to address the rat. "Your weapon was hardly pleasant, and I've certainly no desire to experience the business end again, but you'll be hurt to know that I have in fact experienced worse. I cannot say I've enjoyed those much, either..." The witch sighs, shaking her head.

Cecilia watches Liana as the assassin disembarks from the boat.
"Ah, the kaiser's affable bondslave. I had almost forgotten he commanded you too follow, what with how long you spent caged within your quarters." She sighs. "I suppose hoping for your sudden disappearance at sea was greedy of me... Pity." A wry smirk crosses her face.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next