Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past)

+3
spec spec
Ghaleon281
Slob Blobknob
7 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past)

Post  Ghaleon281 Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:14 am

Cecilia Phron wrote:Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 YrBiA
Cecilia cares little for whatever payment Skivven and Liana discuss. However, a mocking smile adorns her face as she notices Liana turn pale. Her tone is equally derisive. "What's the matter, darling? Scared of getting a little wet?"

She keeps her gaze forward, still observing the boat and their crew. The strange fanged creature in particular catches her eye, but she isn't certain she can place it...

Make a note, everyone! This is the day Cecilia fails a knowledge check! ...Probably. K: Nature - 4 + 11 = 15.

Last edited by Ghaleon281 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 Empty Re: Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past)

Post  Akeri Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Skivven wrote: "Skivven thinks that opinionated lady with high self worth is more scared of water than anyone, based on smell anyway." Skivven says, before shrugging and turning his attention back to the boat.

Last edited by Akeri on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Liana Shadowstalker wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 3H0Pk

Liana smirks, though the color does not return to her face. Her voice takes on a mock-sultry tone as she says:

"Don't worry pumpkin, I'm not afraid to get wet if I have to."

She frowns again as she looks at the boat, then:

"But that said, I haven't been on a boat since...hmm. Well, maybe these humans will be more agreeable than the present company. I'm certain they'll smell nicer."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Cecilia Phron wrote:Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 YrBiA
The witch is clearly unamused by the constant remarks about her odor. Her eyes narrow, although she still does not turn to either Liana or Skivven.

"We will have problems if the lingering scent of death continues to bother you, I'm afraid. As for our new... acquaintances, I suppose you're entitled to your tastes. Can't say I approve of the dwarf look, myself. You won't find much in the way of privacy, of course, so at least try to put on a good show."

She smirks again, apparently enjoying the banter.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm

Storyteller wrote:
Liana recognizes the largest man near the boat as Bjornulf Freyson, one of three total survivors of the shipwreck that claimed her parents' lives and left her stranded in this city.

Saul's uncanny knowledge of all things nature provides him with enough information to discern that the creature depicted on the front of the boat is some sort of large sea serpent. More than likely it is an Earth dragon that makes its home in the water.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 am

Liana lets out a dry chuckle.

"So you like to watch, eh?"

Recognition briefly crosses Liana's face before the her smirk mask returns.

"Well, this ride should prove interesting if nothing else. And Trenton and I are going to have words about this boat thing."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Saul wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 Rszberserkguts2
Saul chuckles at Liana and Cecilia's banter, and then continues looking at the creature on the ship. He ponders about one day, being able to ride a dragon. After all, he was able to tame a ferocious dinosaur, so why not go one step further?

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:44 am

Cecilia keeps a wry smile as she responds to Liana.

"It has its merits. But, enough standing around. Let us finish this mundane assignment, distasteful as it may be." She looks again towards the ornate bow, shaking her head. "I suppose this crew won't be the strangest this world has to offer. Perhaps a more delicate approach is in order here..."

Looking back to the crew of the ship, the witch closes her eyes and takes a heavy breath. As her eyes open, the witch does her best to appear pleasant. Walking forward, Cecilia waves to the crew as she calls out:

"Greetings! I take it you're the ones with whom we'll be traveling?"

Diplomacy: 15 + 5 = 20. ...except, wait... They don't actually speak common, do they?

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Bjornulf Freyson wrote:
Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 TQEVRXl

Bjornulf and his companions stop in place, looking confused. He turns to one of his crewmen.

"What on this Earth is she saying?" Bjornulf says in a language that Cecilia should be able to recognize as Dwarven. Liana, however, knows it as Norse.

One of Bjornulf's crewmen shrugs.
"It's all Greek to me..."

Bjornulf shakes his head. "One of these days, Johan..."

Bjornulf's face broadens to a smile as he recognizes one of the party.

"Well, now, if it isn't Liana! Gods, girl, I haven't seen you in years! How's the old windbag Trenton been treating you? Well?"

He holds out his arms as if about to give Liana a hug.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Skivven wrote: Skivven frowns a bit at Cecilia's comment. "Skivven used to being watched when performing. Skivven does wish spectators stop asking for trophies though."
Skivven states before turning to Saul. "What knight thinking about? You been very quiet."  

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:14 am

Saul wrote:
Saul leaves his pondering behind and turns to Skivven.

"Oh, nothing important. Just wondering about what it'd be like to ride on the creature that's represented on this ship. Just a mere fantasy, though."

Noticing the crew's confused reaction to the party speaking Common, Saul frowns a bit and speaks to himself.

"Joy, we're going to be on a ship sailing to unfamiliar territory, and we can't communicate with the crewmates."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:27 am

Liana is briefly taken aback, then attempts to pull out her best Norse:

"B...Bjornulf! I had no idea we'd be traveling with you. Trenton is, well..."

She shrugs.

"The same as he always has been, I guess. Has he briefed you about where we're headed? And uh...is there really no other way to travel than by boat?"

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 am

Skivven wrote: Skivven looks up at Saul before turning his speculative gaze upon the boats crew.

"Skivven didn't know drow and not drow got that big. Skivven bets they bleed same as others. Skivven's language easy though, once Skivven shoots a few things rest of things listen very attentively to Skivven with new understanding."

Skivven pauses his rambling chat, one digit resting on the hammer of his shotgun, before continuing his musings to Saul.

"Skivven suppose Boss dock Skivvens pay for testing how many shells it takes to kill one though. What Skivven really want to know is what carving on boat is and how many shells that takes..."

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Cecilia winces slightly as she realizes her attempts at communication were pointless. Of course they cannot speak common, she thinks. This is a completely different world.  But, wait... Why do they speak dwarven? And how does Liana, for that matter?

Shaking away the thought for a moment, she turns slightly to Saul and Skivven.

[Common]
"Do not concern yourselves too much with the language barrier. It appears we shall have little difficulty communicating, after all."

Cecilia looks to Liana, still attempting to keep her tone and appearance friendly in front of Bjornulf and the others. She makes it a point to keep to common, disguising her knowledge of dwarven.

[Common]
"I must say, Liana, that I'm surprised you'd be familiar with anyone outside the city. I was under the impression that you'd have avoided boats... What with your obvious distaste for them, of course. Perhaps introductions are in order?"

She keeps a smile the entire time she speaks, nodding politely to Bjornulf.

Unsure if it's necessary, but I suppose she IS pretending not to have understood, as well as maintaining a sweet tone of voice and kind face... Bluff: 17+16 = 33.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Saul wrote:

Saul lets loose a chuckle, continuing his conversation with Skivven.

"After all, bullets are the one language everyone can understand. As for the carving, I believe it's supposed to be an earth dragon of some sorts. Guess it's good to have fair warning that they lurk even in this land..."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am

[Common] "What, did you think the human woman was natively born into a city full of Drow? This man here is Bjornulf Freyson, and he'll apparently be our captain on this journey."

Liana turns back to Bjornulf.

[Dwarven/Norse] "Don't mind the death smell that comes off of her. You'll get used to it."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:00 pm

The witch narrows her eyes at Liana for a moment, then quickly reverts to keeping a positive image.

[Common]"Yes, how foolish of me to have thought there might be more non-drow in the city after spending most of my stay in contact with a ratfolk and an insufferable human... I suspect the only thing that will make your company tolerable during this trip is knowing it torments you as much as me."

The thought causes her to smirk for a moment, but her face dulls before she adds: [Common] "How long will this expedition be, anyway?"

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Bjornulf Freyson wrote:
Bjornulf laughs heartily. He still speaks only in Dwarven.

"Well, I spend most of my days on a ship with no separate rooms with twenty or more men who don't bathe for months at a time, so I'm certain I can stomach a little--"

Bjornulf catches a whiff of Cecilia's doll.

"BY ODIN'S BEARD! What is that foul stench? Is that...is that coming from her?"

He shakes his head.

"That is by far the worst thing I've ever smelled. And I was there when my cousin was burned to death by quicklime!"

He sighs.

"This will be a long many years."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:24 am

[Dwarvenorse]"It is a rather terrible scen-wait a minute, did you say YEARS? I'm supposed to be stuck on a BOAT with these buffoons and this arrogant BITCH for YEARS? YEARS, BJORNULF? On one of these wooden deathtraps? You were there! You know what happened last time I got onto one of these damned things! Bloody hell, Trenton, I don't get paid nearly enough to deal with this shit! I can barely put up with this woman for another MINUTE, and he honestly expects me to go on a journey that will take YEARS?!"

Liana's smirk is gone, replaced by a near-hysteric rage. Without even thinking, she flips a dagger into her hand, waving it around as she yells.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:40 am

Saul wrote:

Saul is suddenly taken aback by Liana's sudden burst of anger. In response to her drawing the knife, he readies an action to disarm in case she tries to stab anyone. Experience in his past adventures have taught him to be ready when strangers suddenly pull knives out.

"L-L-Liana?! What's the matter?!"

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:54 am

Cecilia steps back, positioning herself so Saul is between her and Liana. Her eyes narrow.

"Hm... She must have lost her nerve. This does not bode well for our adventures, I'm afraid. Best to deal with this now, while we have the chance."

Although, I can hardly blame her, the witch thinks. Spending any amount of time with her is bad enough. Years will be... taxing.

She tries to keep the thought back, for now. After all, she still hasn't revealed that she understands them and wants to keep up appearances. ...However, Cecilia makes a mental note to invest in more perfumes in the future.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Akeri Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:05 am

"Skivven" wrote: Skivven frowns at this current situation, his gun snapping into a ready position, though it remains aimed at no one person.

"Skivven thinks this is new. Skivven also thinks maybe friend Liana should put the knife away and have a drink with Skivven as friend Liana and Cecilia already know what Skivven will do when pointy things get waved about more."

Skivven pauses his speech to look at the assembled people pointedly.

"Skivven wishes more people like quiet knight, and metal man, they not cause problems and lose minds randomly."

The small rat-man laments.  

Akeri

Back to top Go down

Post  spec spec Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Alistair Bedlow wrote:Chapter 2: Down the Future Path (To the Past) - Page 8 Alistair

"Seems someone's quite upset about what's going on. Doesn't settle my nerves in the slightest. Never was a fan of these. No control. Lost to the elements. A single front could wipe us," Alistair noted quietly, fumbling the collar to his coat up around his face.

spec spec

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Bjornulf Freyson wrote:
Bjornulf looks concerned.

"Liana, I'm sorry. I guess I never realized how much the wreck had done to you. I must confess that the loss of my sister and her husband was much for me to bear, but my heart is still glad that you made it out, my niece. You are my only kin in this world right now, and I want to make sure you are safe. But, do not worry! We will not be on the sea for more than a couple of months at a time. Most of our time will be spent on shore, tracking leads on this 'Flamel' that Trenton mentioned. And besides, I don't think we'll get in a wreck anytime soon. This isn't an ordinary boat! Sure, it doesn't move as fast as the fancy boats the Dökkálfar build, but it'll do the trick. Enchanted so that it will always stay upright on the sea, which is pretty handy. And, of course, there's this..."

Bjornulf grabs a rather large, intimidating axe. He readies a mighty swing and slams the blade as quickly as he can into the side of the boat. The axe shatters into pieces.

"Base of the ship is made of wood, of course, as ships ought to be, but all around the outside is a thin but very durable coat of mithral. No mere coastal rock or deep-sea iceberg will cut into the hull of this ship, and if we run into trouble, most of the projectiles that everyone we've come across use have just bounced right off. Last time we came into an unfriendly port for supplies, the locals fired upon the ship, and after seeing what little effect their fire arrows had, they became convinced that we were vengeful gods, and gave us supplies to last us for the next several months in an effort to appease them!"

Bjornulf laughs even louder.

"Ah, but come, Liana! Give your old uncle Bjornulf a hug and let your worries rest! I promise that this ocean voyage will be pleasant, even with the woman that smells like death."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Liana continues to seethe for a moment, slowly regaining her composure.

[Common] "Well, I hope you all like long voyages by boats, though damned if I know why any of you WOULD. At the very least he claims these ships are nearly indestructible. That is hardly consolation, but I suppose we'll have to take what we can get."

She finally seems to notice the dagger she's been waving around, as well as the stares and guarded stances of her companions. She casually flicks the dagger back into her sleeve with a practiced ease, but says nothing to the bewildered party. (19 + 24 = 43 SoH)

[DwarveNorse] "Sorry about that, Bjornulf, I just...well, you know. I lost everything and everyone I knew in that shipwreck, and it's not like those first few years afterward were exactly great either. I'll try not to have more outbursts like that, but...well I can't guarantee anything."

Liana sighs, then reluctantly leans in and braces herself for Bjornulf's undoubtedly spine-crushing hug.

Remember that time Assassins had completely LUDICROUS Sleight of Hand? I do.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next