Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden Empty FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Emmori Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Storyteller wrote:As the chill of the night passes, the sun begins to perk up slowly on the horizon to the east. It's lightly snowing outside, and most of the town is quiet. It is now three days until the Eve of Saint Tryce, and this peace will not last long.

Much has happened as of late, especially with rumors from outside of town. The shortages of winter have made life hard for those who have not prepared, and the threat of bandits is higher than usual. But these are but some of many concerns pressing the people today.

It is a quiet morning in Cloudvale. How do you start your day?
Now's the time I'll ask where each of you live in town. I know that Shiya is most likely rooming in the paladin's mead hall, but where do Kiana and Elwynn live?
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

https://emmorisbasement.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Kiana Kahezowa wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden Y6reX

As day breaks, Kiana quickly rises from her bed. She had been staying at the inn where her mother used to work: the innkeeper has been treating her extremely kindly since her family died, although he knew only the official story about their deaths. Donning her armor, Kiana heads downstairs and starts to head straight out.

"I-I-Good morning, Ronnie... I'm heading out."

With a little wave and smile, Kiana heads straight to the paladin mead hall: Odds are good Shiya hasn't even woken up yet, so Kiana had better check on her. She makes a quick stop by the stable to hug her horse, then jogs towards the mead hall.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Slob Blobknob Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden NMFU7
Elwynn, still concerned about the discussion she had with Saint Tryce and Vechis, walks down the stairs and, seeing Kiana, rushes after her, following her all the way to the mead hall. She tries to give Kiana a great big hug.

"Kiana...I'm so sorry. I didn't know what happened in the fire. I just wanted you to know...I understand your pain. If there's ever anything you need, don't hesitate to ask. Really, anything at all."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Kiana has no idea that Elwynn heard about what had happened from Vechis and Brinia, so she's a little hesitant to say anything...

Completely surprised by the sudden physical contact, Kiana let's out a slight yelp. When she gathers herself and actually registers what Elwynn said, she takes a moment to collect herself before responding.

"I... um... It's... it's okay... I-it happened a few months ago a-and... um..."

Unfortunately, talking about the fire proves a little difficult for Kiana. She starts to struggle holding back the tears. Worse than that, she is scared to tell Elwynn about it, thanks to the lie perpetrated by the mayor regarding what actually happened.

"I.. Um... thank you... I-I... I gotta go...wake Shiya..."

Pulling away a bit from Elwynn, Kiana gives a slight nod, then continues to look for Shiya to wake her up. Eventually, she reaches her lady's chambers.

"Ma-um.. Mistress Oaks! Wake up, please!"

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:01 am

Shiya Oaks wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden Hhmee

"Hmm? What is-oh, good morning, Kiana."

Shiya sits up, shaking her head to wake up.

"And how are you on this fine morn-ah, you look troubled. Is everything alright, Kiana?"

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:41 am

Kiana is a little taken aback by Shiya's statement, but a quick look down at herself reveals that she's clearly trembling.

"I-It's... um..." Kiana sighs. "Elwynn ran into me on the way she's here... She's probably still here, actually. I... I sort of... just... left... but, um... she apologized about... ...about my parents. I... thought she already knew, and... I don't know why she brought it up..."

Kiana puts her head down a bit, then looks at Shiya.

"...Why did she bring it up..?"

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:03 am

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Actually looking serious for a change, Shiya sets a hand on Kiana's shoulder.

"I don't know, Kiana. But I know Elwynn wouldn't do it to hurt you."

Shiya sighs.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:17 am

Finally giving in, Kiana begins to cry in earnest. She lets her head fall towards Shiya.

"I-it's just... I don't know why she brought it up and it all happened and then everyone blamed Shiza and no one believed me and we can't talk about it with anyone and and and..."

Eventually, Kiana isn't even coherent anymore. She just cries.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:29 am

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya pulls Kiana into a hug as tears begin to fall down her face.

"I know, Kiana. I know. I...I wish none of this had happened. Shiza was blamed for something she would never have done, and that damned fool wouldn't listen to reason!"

She calms herself a bit.

"But everything will be alright. We'll be leaving this place soon, and we'll never have to deal with him again. And maybe...just maybe...we'll find her again."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn frowns, and follows Kiana's footsteps a short time after Kiana leaves. She does not arrive in time to overhear the conversation, but still, she is concerned because of Kiana's reaction. Perhaps she wasn't friendly and caring enough? She stands outside Shiya's doorway (not going to see whether or not it is open, to give the two privacy if they don't want to talk to her) and gives a knock on the wall.

"Shiya? Kiana? May...may I come in?"

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 am

Kiana lets out a surprised, but suppressed, gasp. She quickly gets back from Shiya and simultaneously tries to wipe off her tears and take a few breaths to calm down. Kiana opens her mouth to let Elwynn in, but quickly closes it and looks to Shiya: It's her room, after all.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:25 pm

All dem feels, wat do?
Storyteller wrote:As Elwynn hangs at Shiya's door, a door down the hall opens, as Brinia steps out in her heavy winter cloak. She momentarily stops to look at Elwynn, turns, and steps out into the morning cold.
Jeez, I got to sleep, and suddenly it's FeelFest 2012.

Oh well, carry on with your feels.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

https://emmorisbasement.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya sighs, wiping her eyes and trying to compose herself.

"Please come in, Elwynn."

Commas are important. A comma is the difference between "Please come in Elwynn." and "Please come in, Elwynn."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn closes the door behind her as she enters.

"You seemed upset, Kiana. I can understand why, me bringing up your parents like that. And that poor Shiza...She didn't do it, did she?"

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Although still visibly shaken, Kiana reacts quickly to Elwynn's remark.

"No! She saved my life! I-"

Kiana stops mid sentence to keep herself from yelling more. She calms down enough to speak at a normal volume.

"Shiza saved my life, but no one believes me because she was a sorceress... S-she disappeared before I could thank her, so... um... I serve Shiya to pay her back..."

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn bites her lip.

"Kiana, calm down. I believe you. I...I think I should show you something. It's the reason I want to expose what really happened to Shiza."

Elwynn takes a quick look around the room and casts Dancing Lights, creating sparkling lights that dance around her hand.

"You see...I'm kind of like her."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Posting from my phone, so apologies for formatting derps.

Shiya Oaks wrote:

"Shiza...she was a good person, one of the best I have met. The only reason she was accused was her arcane magic. How ridiculous...these prejudices people have are meaningless. I know Shiza couldn't have done it. She was a genius, she'd never lose control of her power and she'd surely not have done it intentionally. No, Shiza is innocent."

Shiya is visibly angry at this point. She takes a moment to compose herself.

"But Kiana and I, we still manage."

She sees Elwynn's display and smiles.

"Oh...I see. So that's why you want to get out of here. Don't worry Elwynn, you're welcome to travel with us! Hahaha!"

Shiya's laugh is boisterous and genuine.

Slob posted while I was in the middle of writing this, so the dialogue seems a bit oddly placed. Oops.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 pm

As the spell sparkles, the lights reflect in Kiana's own eyes. She was still close to tears before, but she shifts towards excitement and amazement.

"Th-that's amazing! I didn't..." Kiana gets quieter again. "I didn't think anyone else in the town would understand... but... but you've had a secret you couldn't talk about the whole time, too..."

Kiana looks at Elwynn for a moment, then reaches in for a comforting hug.

"I'm sorry... I know how difficult it's been..."

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Softly laughing (for her), Shiya gently wraps her arms around her companions.

"No worries, you two! We'll be sure to look out for each other out there! And we'll he sure to spread plenty of joy, and make sure we don't let things like this happen again."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm

After a moment passes, Kiana realizes what she's doing. She quickly recoils.

"I-I-I... ...sorry..."

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"I think together, we can do anything. Everything's going to be okay from now on."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Laughing, Shiya releases Kiana and Elwynn.

"Of course it will. Just stay with me, ladies, and it'll all be fine! Ahahahaha!"

She stands up and begins to get dressed for the day.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm

"Um...so... Elwynn? I...is that why you wanted to talk to me..? Or... um... was there... was there something else?"

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn smiles warmly.

"I just thought you might like another friend."

Elwynn gives Kiana another hug.

Elwynn wants Hug Kwast to continue.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Nervously, Kiana eventually pulls apart from Elwynn. It only just occurs to her they should probably give Shiya some privacy.

"O-oh! W-we should wait outside now! I-I'm sorry, Mistress!"

Kiana quickly heads out of the room, trying to lead Elwynn with her.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next