Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Kiana Kahezowa wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 Y6reX

Although the subject of arcane casters is particularly important to Kiana, she tries her best to hide behind her hair and the aura of "please don't notice me" that she's absolutely positive she possesses. Besides, Shiya's answer, though much more blunt, mimics her own beliefs.

Stealth check! (1d20-2=-1)

Turns out she has no such aura.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Slob Blobknob Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 NMFU7
Elwynn tears up a bit, but smiles.

"Perhaps you're right."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Storyteller wrote:Brinia grimaces at Elwynn's question, but loosens up after downing the rest of her breakfast.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 V6cbq
"Don't be absurd, Elwynn! There's nothing inherently wrong with having the gift of arcane magic. Those prejudices are just relics from the dark ages of Grisbin."

She leans back in her chair.

"One of my associates... Saint Karaga? He's a powerful Sorcerer, and his power springs from... shall we say... less savory patrons. But he has a motto, sort of a mantra he has: 'I am me, not my powers. My powers are part of me, but I control my own destiny.' Whenever I hear him say that, it always reassures me of who he is, not what he is. Do you understand, Elwynn?"

"As for this business with the hunt, well... Elwynn, can I trust these two with the details of my task? And this boy? I don't wish to put them in unnecessary danger, and we don't know yet what we're dealing with out in that forest."
EDIT: I really need to stop forgetting this. You all should have 1000 XP from the first chapter. Captain gets it too, since there really wasn't all that much that happened during the chapter besides introduction. Ghaleon, Deimosion, and Slob get an additional 135 XP from RP, however.

Last edited by Emmori on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

https://emmorisbasement.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"I can't vouch for our lion whisperer friend, but Shiya and Kiana are stout and just. We can trust them."

Elwynn leans in and whispers.

"And they have no love for our Lord Mayor, either."

Elwynn pulls back, smiles, and takes a large swig of mead.

"I am glad to have met kind people like you, Brinia. It's people like you, Shiya, and Kiana that make me feel like I can do some good for the world after all. And who knows? Perhaps if I do enough good for people, I'll find out...er...I suppose now's not really the time for that. But as for the forest..."

Elwynn takes another swig of mead and leans in close once more. She begins to whisper again.

"I fear that our Lord Mayor knows more than he ought. He may be right about a large boar that is attacking travelers, but I wouldn't doubt that either the boar is some awful pet of his or that we may meet other, much less...feral dangers in the forest on our hunt. We should be vigilant. Especially since I owe much of my skill with my father's bow to my supernatural abilities."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Storyteller wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 V6cbq
Brinia nods to Elwynn, and whispers back.

"Very well. I trust your judgement of them, but I shall refrain from stating my true purpose in town, we shall wait until we are all isolated..."

Brinia turns back to the group, focusing on Kiana.

"Urm, right. Apologies, Lady Kazehowa. I have known Master Wright for a very long time, since I was about your age, when I began my training under the old Saint Tryce."

A very subtle but noticeable look of sadness is visible in her eye when she mentions her predecessor.

"My master and Vechis were very old friends, and I met him while I was traveling. You may have seen me yourselves before, but you would have been just small children, and I was traveling with my master undercover. I am glad that I could see him again, but I think Vechis would have been happier to see a proper Saint Tryce visit this holiday..."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Surprised that Brinia somehow saw through her amazing shroud of 'sort of not really here,' Kiana turns to her with a start. Even more surprised by Brinia's self-deprecation, Kiana quickly straightens up and leans in to respond.

"D-don't say it like that! Being a Saint is a big accomplishment, and-and you wouldn't even have been training for it if your master didn't think you could it!"

Kiana calms a bit, but still sits with her back away from the chair.

"Master Vechis has always been very kind, too... If you're old friends, he's probably really proud of you! He was proud of Mistress Oaks for nearing the end of her paladin training! And... um..." It slowly dawns on Kiana that she's been saying much more to this stranger than she normally would... "Um... I'm sure you've earned it, and... um... ...thank you for saying what you did about arcane casters... everyone here seems to hate them, so... ...yeah..."

As though she was running on some now exhausted fuel to maintain conversation, Kiana falls back into her chair. This time, however, she relaxes, feeling more comfortable around her current company. ...This doesn't stop her from periodically eying Hyde, though. She's still not sure what to think about him.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:06 am

Did...did Brinia ever actually introduce herself by name? Ah well, other characters have used her name by now, so I'm assuming we know it.

Shiya Oaks wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 Hhmee

"A proper Saint? Don't be absurd, I'm sure you're a wonderful Saint Tryce, Brinia!"

Shiya flashes a warm smile towards Brinia.

"I look forward to traveling with you four."

She finishes her ale and motions for more to be brought.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn laughs, nearly choking on her breakfast.

"A proper saint? If you're not, who could be considered one? Urmack?"

Elywnn laughs again for a moment, but cuts herself short.

"Er, our Lord Mayor, I mean."

Elwynn clears her throat.

"People here wouldn't much care for it if I referred to him by his name."

She whispers again.

"'People' meaning the slimy bastard himself."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Lunch post, lol
Storyteller wrote: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 V6cbq
"I'm sure you all mean well, but my induction into the Saints is... complicated. And doesn't pertain to our goals, so forget I mentioned it. Right now, we need to prepare. We'll be leaving early tomorrow, and not without some ceremony first, so we need to be ready for anything out there."

Brinia gets up from her seat and puts her cloak back over her shoulders.

"I need to do some looking around before tomorrow comes. Should you need me, I will be in my room sometime tonight."
Before my next post, I need to set up a Dropbox folder or Google Doc folder for character sheets, so next time I'm on Skype, be sure to send me a copy ASAP.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 pm

It just occurred to me that Kiana's pretty sure the reason her house burned down is because of her constantly drinking/problem causing father. Why the fuck is she so okay with everyone boozing up..? I'm gonna go with "too common place to be an issue."

Once Brinia leaves, Kiana starts to get up as well. As she rises, she lightly grabs Shiya's arm.

"We need to head to the store, Mistress Oaks! We have to make sure we have the supplies for the hunt! I-I managed to win some money the other day, so I should be able to afford what we need!"

She tugs a bit to try and encourage Shiya to actually move. It's a lot harder to convince a drinking paladin of Cayden Cailean to stop than you might think.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:57 am

Shiya Oaks wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 Hhmee

Shiya finishes her most recent ale, then pouts at Kiana.

"But Kianaaaaa~! I'm enjoying myself here!"

She stands up, reluctantly.

"Hrmph, you're right though...I guess we should prepare ourselves. Hyde, Elwynn...I look forward to our adventures together!"

And with one final bout of laughter, Shiya makes her exit.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn takes a large swig of mead as she waves goodbye to Kiana and Shiya. She turns to Hyde.

"Certainly it must be nice to be able to purchase things to prepare for a trip such as this. I've naught but my bow, a quiver full of arrows, and the clothes on my back. Still, it's been a rewarding life, giving what I have to help others. It's made me many friends, and fans."

Elwynn downs the rest of her mead.

"So, where do you hail from, Hyde? What brings you to Cloudvale?"

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:49 pm

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 7xvA6
"Oh, I come from the wilderness around this place. I came here because I was bored, and I was looking for something exciting to do...and it turns out that it leads me back into the wilderness. Oh well, I've never tried hunting a "great beast" before, especially with a group of people."

Hyde takes a drink of his mead.

"It's nice that you're awfully kind to other people. Though, you should also learn to take care of yourself. I mean, you don't even have food on you, and we're going out into the wilderness. You're lucky that I'm able to safely get food and water from the wilderness."

Hyde takes another swig. And then has a look of realization on his face.

"...I probably should have told the other two about that. Eh, emergency food supply in the off-chance I get killed."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"It's best that we have extra. What if some poor, stranded traveler comes across us, hungry, cold, and tired?"

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:31 pm

"That would also work."

Hyde takes another swig, and realizes something.

"Hey, Kiana mentioned that she won some money. How'd she do that?

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"Oh, probably in some game of chance in the tavern. Folk do love to mix their ale with their gambling. Not the brightest of ideas..."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:52 am

Hyde chuckles.

"I didn't think Kiana would gamble. She looks way too shy for it, but hey, never judge a book by its cover."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"Perhaps the saying should be, 'Don't judge someone you've only known for two hours.'"

Elwynn sighs contentedly after finishing her food.

"It's so good to have a real meal once in a while. Were we supposed to meet them somewhere? I forget."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

Hyde thinks about it for a little bit.

"The saint said we were supposed to depart early tomorrow morning, and that there would be a ceremony held before we'd leave. So, I'm guessing to just meet them there. It couldn't be too hard to find a ceremony in this town."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 4 Empty FATESPHERE -- Shawn Is A Jackass That Never Updates Edition!

Post  Emmori Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Storyteller wrote:As Kiana and Shiya head outside into the cold sunshine, they are stopped by an elderly woman, seemingly struggling to carry a large, cloth-covered package toward the two of them. She says,

"Lady Oaks and Lady Kazehowa, the people say that you travel with Saint Tryce herself, and are going wth her to hunt a great beast. Please, I would be honored if your group would accept these gifts from my family, heirlooms that may help you and her holiness in your quest."

The old woman, whom the two girls identify as a farmer's wife named Namira, hands Shiya the bundle of gifts.
Work sucks, this week was busy, let's play some Pathfinder and get out of this damn town.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn picks up her plate and cup and bring them over to the kitchen to be washed. She thanks the cook and turns to Hyde.

"I'm going to go practice for the concert, I think."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:02 pm

"Alright then, see you early tomorrow at the ceremony...wherever that is."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 pm

A little surprised by the sudden display of kindness, Kiana has trouble finding the proper words. She takes the package from Namira, and Shiya's desires to have it be damned.

"T-thank you, Namira... We'll make good use of these as we hunt the, um, great beast, with Miss Holy Tryce."

As Namira leaves, Kiana takes a look through the package.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Storyteller wrote:Kiana takes the initiative and opens the package as Namira walks back into the crowd. Inside the wrapping is an exquisite-looking dagger that gleans in the sunshine--a Masterwork Mithral Dagger--as well as a longer sword that glows softly with green light--a +1 Bastard Sword!

Along with the blades is a small box, which contains a pair of sturdy, weathered leather boots adorned with leaf patterns--Boots of Elvenkind!

Perhaps more people would be willing to part with these sorts of gifts?
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Looking through the gifts, Kiana's eyes brighten.

"Mistress Oaks, you favor two-handed weapons, correct? Would you benefit from this one? And... I believe the others could use the remaining items."

Shuffling through the package a bit longer, Kiana stops. It's strange to her that people would suddenly be kind to her and especially Shiya, but she doesn't comment on it.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next