Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Slob Blobknob Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 NMFU7
"You're going to start using tax monies to help make sure the people are fed?"

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden

Post  Emmori Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Storyteller wrote:The people in the crowd heartily chuckle at the girls' remarks to the mayor. The mayor himself displays a grin that barely conceals a look of annoyance, and continues.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 HflWw
"Always quick-tongued one, aye Lady Oaks? Though my announcement may have something more to do with your jest, Miss Ariana."

"No, I have an even bigger announcement. I am sure you are all familiar with the stories and traditions of the Day of Saint Tryce. We remember how, in his many trials, our beloved hero Arnd came across a group of bandits in a forest, during the most brutal winter this land has ever seen. We know how, instead of fighting him, Arnd surrendered to the bandit lord, and became his prisoner; while captive, Arnd conversed with the bandit, and cowed him with wisdom so true and pure that the bandit lord gave up his wicked ways and swore to protect the people of the forest, and became his companion Saint Tryce! And on the winter solstice, there was a great famine, and Arnd and Saint Tryce helped the forest people by hunting a great beast, and the beast fed the forest for a month!"

"I am sure you all wonder why I speak of this tale. The harvests were plenty this season, and we have no need for a great beast to feed us. But this is no ordinary Solstice!"

The mayor begins making grand, sweeping motions with his arms.

"I, Lord Mayor Raigen Urmack, have decided to host a great hunt, to honor Saint Tryce and Arnd during this most holy season! I have selected several young, promising people from our ranks to find a great beast, and slay it for glory and festival!"

"Lady Shiya Oaks! Lady Kiana Kazehowa! Miss Elwynn Ariana! Please, come to me!"
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

https://emmorisbasement.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"Lord Mayor! How forward!"

Elwynn chuckles to herself, to hide her dismay. What would they be hunting?

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Kiana Kahezowa wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 Y6reX

Already nervous from the attention caused by Shiya's outburst, the sudden attention brought on by the mayor is almost too much for poor Kiana. She huddles up a bit, but manages to work up just enough courage to keep slightly ahead of Shiya when it's time to step forward. Kiana doesn't like attention, but she won't let it stop her from standing beside her current master.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 Hhmee

Shiya palms her face and mutters:

"What are you playing at? Ugh."

She composes herself, then lets out her trademark laugh.

"Ahaha! Let's go!"

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Storyteller wrote:The crowd applauds and cheers as the young ladies step into the center on the crowd, next to the mayor.

"Very good, very good! I know you three will make us proud... and stuff our bellies with roast beast! But I would never dream of sending our young heroines into the savage wilds without a guide. Tell me, people of Cloudvale: are there any among you here that are brave enough to accompany this hunting party to glory? Hm?
There you go, Cap. If I had made the entry to the party any bigger a truck could join it.

Also, I couldn't help myself:
Raigen Urmack wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 HflWw
Tell me now, is there a man among you here,
Is there no one who will stand up and try to fight?
Tell me man, is there not one in all your ranks,
Is there no one who values courage over life?
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Hyde smirks, and decides to join in. This should provide a way to kill his boredom. He takes a few steps closer to the mayor.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 7xvA6

"I would like to join in on this hunt. I know lots about the wild, and my lion is pretty awesome at taking down other beasts."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 pm

JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A MOUNTAIN LION! GET IN THE CARAVAN!
Storyteller wrote:As Hyde makes his way through the crowd, many of the villagers cannot help but jump at the sight of the mountain lion at his side. They are sure to make plenty of space for him. Lord Mayor Urmack eye's widen at the sight of Paw.

"Well, um... very good! This strange boy and his pet lion will accompany them on their journey into the wilds!"

"But there is still one more announcement that I am proud to say, and it is perhaps the biggest news that I shall bestow on you all! Will our young adventurers do indeed have a guide, what they require is a leader, much like Arnd's fellowship had during their hunt. And this year, Cloudvale has a very special visitor, come from great distance to usher in the festival... ladies and gentlemen, help me finally welcome Saint Tryce herself!"

The mayor points to Brinia in the crowd, as her face shifts to anxiety and surprise. The crowd is suddenly silent, and those near Brinia kneel down to her in awe.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 V6cbq
"..."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:53 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
It takes all of Elwynn's composure not to pull out her bow right in the middle of the crowd and put an arrow straight through the Mayor's smug face. As she gets ahold of herself, she realizes something. If he knows about Brinia, then he has spies. If he has spies, then he knows about Elwynn. If he knows about Elwynn, then he wants to get rid of her. If he wants to get rid of her, then he is sending her off to die.

Or worse! He might be getting Elwynn, Brinia, Shiya, and Kiana out of the way because he found out where Shiza is and is going to kill her! Well, Elwynn isn't about to take this lying down.

To the mayor, Elwynn whispers:

"My lord, don't you think it would be wonderful publicity for yourself if you were to join us on the hunt and leave Saint Tryce to manage the festival? Think how the people would adore you if you could claim that you personally were able to keep them all fed through the winter! It would also remind them of what a great leader you are..."

1d20 + 12=25 (+1 more if the Mayor might be attracted to Elwynn) Diplomacy Check!

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Since no one seems to want to react, I'll just go ahead and update.
Storyteller wrote:The mayor smiles, but doesn't say anything in response to Elwynn's suggestion as Brinia makes here way to the center of the crowd, itself parting in reverence.

Whispering to Elwynn: "That isn't how I do things, Miss Ariana. But we'll talk more in my office, shall we?"

"Good people of Cloudvale, give a great cheer for our great hunters, and Saint Tryce!"

The people erupt into cheering, as the Mayor raises the hands of Elwynn and Brinia in his for some victorious pose. He smiles, content with the approval of his people.
____

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 HflWwFATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 V6cbq
"...As much as I would like to join you in your hunt, my duties here keep me a very busy man, Miss Ariana. And please take no offense, Saint Tryce... it would take days to fill you in on everything that needs to be done in preparation for the festival. In fact... why have you honored us with your presence, your holiness?"

The Lord Mayor's office is spacious and grand, with dead animals scorned about the walls; tokens from the hunts of his youth. Stacked along the walls are shelves filled my many books, most of which contain miscellaneous records of town trades and activities.

"I am on assignment," Brinia says somewhat cautiously, "and on my way to my destination was this town. Master Wright is an old friend of mine, and allowed me to spend time in his order's mead hall until the end of the festival."

"I see..." Raigen says, as he inhales deeply of his no doubt pricey dwarven cigar. "I am somewhat disappointed that our town did not interest you enough to seek it out specifically, but I digress. My people and I are extremely grateful to you for your visit."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn feels a bit of unease. Is this the mayor's move? Is he plotting her death, or is he just planning to try to seduce her? She hopes for the latter, as it's far easier to escape.

"It was merely a suggestion earlier, my lord. It would have made the people happy, and as I'm sure you well know, it's very important to me that the people are happy and healthy. So...you said you'd like us all to meet you here in your office?"

Last edited by Slob Blobknob on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:34 am; edited 3 times in total

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm

I shifted the scene to the office, you may wish to reword your post, Slob.
Storyteller wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 HflWwFATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 V6cbq
"Yes, yes. The Hunt. I wish to share with you some details on your quest. Possibly a lead. I have word from my scouts that some great beast has been harassing travelers coming in and out of town. A great boar! I must confess, while I do indeed wish to unite the town in celebration and heroism, this wild creature has been a thorn in our town's side. I do not know where this great swine came from nor if it leaves... I bid you to slay it, for the sake of the travelers of winter!"

"I shall give you time to prepare for your hunt, and you shall depart tomorrow. Though... if you wish to not go, please say so now. Though I am sure Saint Tryce would appreciate all of the help she can receive!"

Brinia interrupts. "I suppose then that my participation is mandatory, Lord Mayor?"

Urmack chuckles. "I apologize, my Lady! If this event would interrupt your mission, by all means..."

"Do not fret. This mission is one of urgency, but not of haste. I shall lead your hunters, in the spirit of my predecessors, and of Arnd. If we may, I need to speak with my hunting party in private."

Brinia motions to the party and leads the group out of the building, scooping her hood over her head.

"To the mead hall. We need to talk about the hunt. And I need a drink."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:35 am

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya smirks, then bursts out laughing at an outrageous volume, her tension from the encounter finally fading.

"After dealing with Raigan Urmack, anyone deserves to have a drink or two...or eight. And I still haven't eaten yet! Ah, but where are my manners!"

She turns to Brinia and her new companion.

"It's nice to meet you! My name is Shiya Oaks, Paladin of the Order of the Flask...or is that soon-to-be Paladin? Hrm...I'm not actually sure about that. Eh, that's not important! My shy companion here..."

Shiya then throws an arm around Kiana's shoulder and laughs.

"...is Kiana Kahezowa, a knight. She is also my closest friend."

This time, Shiya's laugh is a bit more subdued, by her standards.

"And while we're discussing business, why don't the five of us get to know each other a bit better?"

Last edited by Deimosion on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:21 am

Kiana is visibly unnerved by the introduction from Shiya, but manages to speak. She straightens herself a bit out of reverence for Brinia.

"Um... It's nice to meet you ... Um... Miss Saint Tryce Brinia Your Holiness..."

It doesn't take long for Kiana's head to duck down again.

"I... I don't like to talk much..."

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 am

"I'm Hyde Yemeka, a caster of druidic magic."

Hyde places a hand on his companion.

"And this is my pet mountain lion, Paw. Don't worry, he won't bite unless I tell him too."

Hyde takes a look at Shiya, and smirks.

"Would you get mad if I called you Pinky the Paladin?"
I'm sorry, I had to.

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 am

Annoyed, Kiana fixes her posture and turns to Hyde

"T-that's not nice! Be more respectful with Mistress Oaks!"

This comes out significantly less threatening than Kiana would have liked...

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:04 am

Hyde Yemeka wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 2: Beast of Burden - Page 3 7xvA6

Hyde doesn't really take Kiana seriously, because of her stutter and her shy demeanor. Nonetheless, he decides to apologize, to avoid friction with the group.

"I'm sorry, but I thought the lady would enjoy a good joke. She sure does laugh a lot, after all."

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:38 am

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya turns to Hyde, a deadly serious look in her eyes.

"Never make fun of the hair. I love this hair,and if you make fun of it again, I'll be forced to take drastic ac...drastic a-pfffft WAHAHAHA~!"

Her serious expression is replaced with raucous laughter.

"Hah, sorry, but I couldn't resist having a little fun."

Shiya idly runs a hand through her hair.

"I do love the color, though. Most people say they don't care for it, but I've also heard it said that it's a beautiful color."

She looks wistful for a second before beaming a smile again.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 am

Hearing Shiya laugh calms down a bit. She settles, but still seems saddened as Shiya finishes what she was saying.

"I-It's okay, Hyde."

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:42 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"Oh...introductions, yes. Forgive me, I'm a bit distracted at the moment. I'm Elwynn, Hyde, pleasure to meet you. It's not often I run into someone I've never met before. I've made something of a name for myself in this town as a singer, and some know me as a blossoming archer."

Elwynn looks uneasy.

In a quiet whisper to Shiya, "What's his angle? Do you think...do you think he knows, Shiya? He knew about S--er, Brinia. Do you think this is his way of getting rid of me? Is he going to kill me and blame you all?"

Elwynn sighs. "Would that I could have convinced him to come with so that I could have kept a close watch on him. I don't like to leave schemers to their schemes. I do know this, Shiya. For better or for worse, the sooner we get out of this town, the better. Once the concert is over, Cloudvale can wave a final farewell to its favorite singer."

Realizing what she has said makes Elwynn even more uneasy.

"Let's just hope it's not THAT kind of farewell..."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:58 am

The group walks back to the Cailean Mead Hall, making it just in time for morning mass... Brinia leads the group to a small round table, and soon after one of the younger Iron Flask accolytes bring the group each a flaggon of warm, foamy mead.
"Ah good, breakfast is served! Be sure that you all drink up, today is going to be a busy one."

Brinia gulps down a mighty swig of mead.

"Now I know you must all have questions for me, or about the hunt. Let's hear them."
Yes, even Hyde was given breakfast mead. It's got everything a growing druid needs!
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Kiana shuffles nervously in her seat, fingers tapping the side of her drink. Finally, she puts her hands on the table and leans forward, getting out of her seat slightly.

"Um!" Except it turned out she was much louder than she wanted to be. "...Um.. So... m-may I ask... I mean, if it's okay..." And then she was back in her seat with her hands tapping her glass. Clearing her throat, she tries again.

"S-so... HowlonghaveyouknownMasterWrightMsHolyTryceSaintofBrinia-" Kiana blushes a bit, then leans back in her seat and hopes no one noticed.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn looks very downcast.

"Brinia...is it true, what they say about arcane magic users? That those with arcane power in their blood are dangerous and evil?"

Elwynn sniffles and lowers her voice.

"I've tried to do good in my life. And now...what if he's just trying to get me killed? Do I even have the right to fight back? What if I am just a menace to society? Should I just...accept my fate now, before I hurt anyone?"

This sort of thing is what Elwynn has struggled her whole life. As an arcane caster, she heard all around her since she was born about how arcane power is inherently corrupt and evil, and she has tried to mask her power and do good things, but she can't shake the self-hate she developed living in the environment of the town, especially without her parents to encourage her that she wasn't evil.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya casts Detect Evil on Elwynn, though she already knows what the result will be.

"What it is is bullshit. You're not evil...I'm sure of that."

She takes a large swig of her ale.

"I'm sick of this absolutely wrong belief that the arcane is bad. One evil magician doesn't make them all bad. There's nothing wrong with you, Elwynn."

At this, she puts a hand on Elwynn's shoulder. Shiya then turns and gently touches Kiana's shoulder as well.

"Relax, Kiana."

Last edited by Deimosion on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Stickybeard Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:36 pm

"It's what you do with your magic that makes you who you are, not whether or not you have it."

Hyde picks up the flagon of mead, examines it with a puzzled look on his face, and drinks it.

Captain Stickybeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next