Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Storyteller wrote:Vechis leans on a wall and begins his explanation of the situation to Elwynn.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 VJGVJ
"Yes, the arson. According to the official records, the household of the Kazehowas was burned down when the mayor's daughter, Shiza Urmack, lost control of her blooming sorcerous powers, and set fire to the building. Only your friend Kiana survived the fire, and with those scars she has today."

"Initially, I wished to send one of my paladins to investigate the fire on the girl's behalf, but the mayor forbade me from doing so... initially I thought it was out of grief, but several clues--the quickness of his daughter's trial, and overwhelmingly convenient timing of the fire, just before his reelection--led me to believe something was amiss. I knew that if I went ahead with my investigation, the Mayor might tap into his connections with Mystria's nobles and have my order disbanded, or worse."

"So I put in a request for my old friend, Saint Tryce, to help... or at least, a Saint Tryce."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

https://emmorisbasement.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 NMFU7
"Burned to death...because of arcane power..."

Elwynn frowns. She'd almost forgotten the town's largely anti-arcane bias.

"That poor girl. Master Wright...Saint--er, I mean, Miss Brinia...I would be honored to help in any way that I can. I do have some reputation in this town. Perhaps I could request an audience with our Lord Mayor. Perhaps he would reveal something to me."

Elwynn shudders at the thought of what it might take to get information out of the mayor, but something about the young girl's death strengthens her resolve. A young woman killed because of her arcane power. That hits far too close to home for Elwynn, having to hide her own arcane abilities for her entire life.

"Please...I need to help."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes, "that poor girl," referring only to Shiza... Kiana's family dying in a fire isn't sad at all, nope nope.
Kiana Kahezowa wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 Y6reX

Kiana's known Shiya long enough to realize she's still upset, but tries to relax anyway. Shiya's right, after all: It's good enough that Shiza got away, and now's a time to celebrate. Kiana smiles slightly, then debates whether or not to play more Dwarven Billiards in the corner. Deciding that she'd rather remain with Shiya for a bit, Kiana merely enjoys the food and drink at the bar.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 pm

Storyteller wrote: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 V6cbq
"I didn't want to put anyone in Cloudvale at unnecessary risk, but I appreciate that you wish to help. The best move right now is to make sure that Urmack doesn't know my true identity, and my purpose here. I will investigate from the shadows."

Brinia gets a contemplative look on her face.

"There is one way you can help. As I understand, this time of the year Urmack is kept quite busy with his duties. For now, play along with his games and keep him distracted so that I can find out what makes him tick. Is that alright, Elwynn?"
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 NMFU7
"Perhaps...a private concert is in order? I'm certain our Lord Mayor would be quick to agree with me if I were to suggest to him that he relax a bit, and what better way for him to relax than through music? If he were to relax, he might let down his guard. Yes, a private concert for the most influential people in the town, with our Lord Mayor at the seat of honor! His ego would scant refuse such a suggestion. And I've been made to understand that he's taken a--"

Elwynn suppresses a retch.

"--a liking to some of the younger ladies in town. Perhaps that will help distract him further. What do you think, Sa--er, Miss Brinia? Master Wright?"

Elwynn is just too damn eager to help for her own good.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Thu May 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Storyteller wrote:Master Wright frowns at the mention of the mayor's preferences.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 VJGVJ
"Sadly my dear, he's always been like that. Shiza's mother was about your age when she gave birth to her daughter, Goddess rest her soul. I beg of you, be careful. You don't need to put yourself at unnecessary risk. The less suspicion the Mayor has, the better."

Brinia's face shows a twinge of disgust after hearing this.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 3 V6cbq
"Cloudvale ill needs a ruler like this man. It will be a pleasure to see him rot in prison."

The trio departs, as the chill of the night reaches its peak. What will the coming of Saint Tryce mean for the people of Cloudvale--especially our three young heroes? Answers, as well as a new stranger in town, await in the next chapter of Fatesphere!
And that'll do it for our first chapter. I'll start up the next one once I decide how Captain Stickybeard will enter the fray. You can still continue to chat here, just no in-character stuff.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Oh, booo. I should've had Kiana roll perception or sense motive on the crowd at the bar to see what they thought of her and Shiya, following the little debacle. It could've totally made her even more awkward.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:41 am

Good thing Elwynn's the kind of person who listens to people she thinks are kind. She could have really gotten herself into trouble. I think that in chapter 2, a visit to Kiana is in order!

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3