Emmori's Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night

Post  Deimosion Tue May 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 Hhmee

Shiya contemplates for a moment before deciding.

"It seems Elwynn is on the job. Why don't you stay here and enjoy yourself for a change?"

She laughs, a bit uncomfortably.

"And please, just call me Shiya. I'm not comfortable being anybody's master."

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 Empty Re: FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night

Post  Emmori Tue May 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Storyteller wrote:As Shiya and Kiana stay to enjoy their time in the tavern, Elwynn does her best to weave through the crowd with cat-like finesse. She manages to move through the crowd without causing any disruptions to the revelry, and makes it to the door. Elwynn is able to spot Master Wright walking with the mysterious cloaked figure as he walks into an alley between two shops across the street.
Probably will be focusing on Steve's scouting for a while, but Kiana and Shiya can continue to do stuff in the bar.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

https://emmorisbasement.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Tue May 29, 2012 10:59 pm

You know what? Forgive my betrayal of my own rules, but there aren't nearly enough douchebags in this tavern.
Storyteller wrote:A few moments after Elwynn leaves the tavern, several well-built men from the village guard enter, followed by a man dressed in regal, yet somewhat outlandish attire. With a strangely-adorned top hat and regal coat, the mayor of Cloudvale steps into the bar.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 HflWw
"Cloudvalians! Your glorious and wise leader is here for a pint or seven! Make way for me!"

Mayor Raigan Urmack is a tall, well-built man that looks remarkably young for his age. He is flanked by a special group of guards he keeps exclusively by his side for traveling in public.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Tue May 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya palms her face as she sees the mayor walk in. She mutters to herself:

"Oh Hell, here we go."

She buries her face in her mug, trying to keep her face hidden from the man she hates.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Wed May 30, 2012 2:25 am

Actually, this is a good idea. The problem with party split on Skype was that you had to divide your attention, which made things move slower. For play-by-post, however, there's more than enough time for you to address every part of a party split.

Kiana Kahezowa wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 Y6reX

As Raigan enters, a tinge of anger appears in Kiana's eye. She had relaxed slightly when Shiya suggested they remain in the bar, but now she was poised again. Kiana quietly waits next to Shiya, maintaining focus on in front of herself, but ready to pounce if Raigan attacked Shiya in anyway way.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 7:45 am

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 NMFU7
Elwynn shudders involuntarily. To herself, she thinks,

"I feel a chill...as if hundreds of cheerful bar patrons cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced."

She continues following Master Wright and his unknown companion. Trying to get in for a closer look, she sneaks around the corner.

1d20 + 7=19 Stealth check!

She hopes that she is close enough to overhear without being found out.

Last edited by Slob Blobknob on Wed May 30, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Okay, so I'm trying to post from my phone during my break. Let's see how this goes.
Storyteller wrote:Elwynn creeps to the corner and peers around the edge. As she shifts her vision beyond the corner, Vechis and the stranger do not appear to have detected her.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 VJGVJ
"I'm glad you're here. I was beginning to wonder if my pleas had been missed. Was your journey here pleasant?"

The stranger pulls back her hood, revealing a young, raven-haired woman.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 V6cbq
"It was well enough as the wilderness would allow, Master Wright. And when we had heard your request, I personally put it at my highest priority."

The woman's air of duty suddenly melts when she surprises Vechis with a smile and warm hug.

"It... It is good to see you again, Sir Wright. To see a familiar face, even it has been ages."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn breathes an inward sigh of relief. Master Wright is not in danger. She decides to stay to hear the whole conversation, though she is ashamed to have come to that decision. Desperate to change the subject in her head away from her shame at stalking Master Wright, she begins to reflect upon her life and how she's had to hide her arcane talent ever since it came up in front of her parents several years ago. The people of Cloudvale were people she knew. They were good, kind people. Why would they have approved of something as barbaric as the old witch hunts? She finds that this subject isn't any more pleasant, and decides to try to sneak closer.

1d20 + 7=10 Stealth check!

And...she trips and falls face-first in front of Vechis and his companion.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 7:42 pm

You were close enough to hear them speaking. Why did you move closer, Steve?

Ah, fuck it. I'll deal with that later.
Storyteller wrote:_____

Lord Mayor Urmack leads his group to the bar, right as several of his men convince and shove other patrons aside. He takes a seat next to Shiya and Kiana.

"Weeell... hello ladies. How is the night treating you both?"
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 pm

I know you revealed that the figure was a woman, but can it still also be the Joker? Also, wait... We at a table, or at the bar?

Doing her best to remain calm in the presence of her former lord, Kiana attempts to respond pleasantly.

"W-we're fine, Mayor."

Unfortunately, it comes out a little angrier than she intended. Mayor Urmack once ordered Kiana to execute someone who saved her life: his own daughter, and her friend. Although she ultimately did not have to follow through, Kiana never forgave the mayor.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Wed May 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya watches her companion closely, worried about a possible confrontation. She also quickly glances at the door, contemplating making a quick exit. She decides against it; nobody will ruin her night's festivities. Shiya composes herself and begins laughing, and only Kiana can tell how obviously fake her laughter is.

"Ah, we're feeling excellent tonight! Just came in to enjoy some food and drink on this fine evening. And yourself?"

It takes every bit of willpower Shiya has to remain cordial around the man who ordered her best friend executed. Shiya unconsciously twirls a finger around the pendant on her neck as she remembers the woman Kiana was nearly forced to kill.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 8:44 pm

According to what I've read, it went:

Shiya and Kiana are at a table. Kiana goes to bar to talk with Elwynn. Shiya and Vechis go to the bar. Vechis and Elwynn leave. So, bar.
Storyteller wrote:The mayor takes a swig of wine that Ronnie puts out for him, and smiles.

"Oh, I'm just enjoying my fill of all of this town can offer me, pink-haired girl!"

He swishes the wine around in his glass.

"You know... you look like the useful type. Well-built... for combat! Perhaps you'd like to take a position under me... as one of my personal guards? I pay very, very well, and the job has its perks."
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 pm

.....DERP
Deciding this was the last straw, Kiana turns quickly towards the mayor. I can do this! Kiana thinks to herself.

"P-Please leave us alone! W-we just want to... um..." Her voice starts to trail off a bit "W-we... just want to enjoy the night..."

Intimidate check! (1d20+6=7)

Turns out she couldn't do it.

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Ghaleon281 wrote:Intimidate check! (1d20+6=7)
FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 Brian-Blessed-
Storyteller wrote:Urmack looks at Kiana with a raised eyebrow.

"Now now, Kiana. I may not be able to order you around anymore, but you certainly can't order me around. Mind your place, missy."

He gets up and wipes his mouth with his collar.

"I thought for sure you two would be more cordial, but I see that I was wrong. Boys!"

Urmack and his gang vacate the bar, and other patrons that were displaced return to there places.
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Wed May 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

"Oh, thank all the gods, he's gone."

Shiya laughs heartily and genuinely.

"Can you imagine Kiana? Us, working for him? After all he's done to us?"

She laughs until she tears up, or maybe she's crying. Even Shiya isn't sure.

"It's just lucky that she escaped when she did."

Shiya dries her eyes, then holds up her tankard of ale.

"But enough of that. Tonight is a night of celebration, and by Cailean I'm going to celebrate!"

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghaleon281 Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Roll 1 on intimidate. Still get what you want. Success!

A little surprised that the mayor actually left, Kiana blinks a bit. As Shiya starts to cry, however, Kiana re-focuses.

"I-I-it's okay! Everything worked out, right?"

Try desperately to comfort her lady, Kiana awkwardly rests a hand on Shiya's shoulder. After a moment, she realizes that it was far to uncomfortable, and places her hands on her lap.

"It'll be okay..."

Ghaleon281

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Storyteller wrote:_____

Meanwhile in the alley, Elwynn's curiostity has gotten the better of her. After falling in front of Vechis and the mystery woman, Elwynn looks up, only to see an ornate-looking rapier pointed at her face.

FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 V6cbqFATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 VJGVJ
"And I had thought I had evaded his attention when I entered Cloudvale," the woman says. "Who are you working for?"

Vechis pulls her sword arm away from her, pleading, "There's no way she's working for him, don't you know who this is? Brinia, this is Elwynn Arianna! She probably has no idea who you even are, anyway!"
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
Elwynn kneels before Vechis and Brinia, on the verge of tears, staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry! Please, Master Wright...I just wanted to be sure that you were safe. I saw your grim expression when she walked in and thought you might be in danger. Oh, please, Miss Brinia, if you would slay me, do it swiftly and painlessly, I know that I deserve it for..."

Elwynn pauses and looks up at Vechis with tears in her eyes.

"Wait...you're not going to kill me? But...I guess that is Miss Brinia's decision to make..."

She lowers her head again.

"Do what you will, Miss. People who sneak as I have get what they deserve."

Dear God, she's pathetic.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Storyteller wrote:The woman Vechis called Brinia gives a look of apathy to Elwynn, and sheathes her rapier.
"Good Goddess, you're a sad one. If this is an act, it's damned good one. Get up, girl."

She helps Elwynn get up and brushes some dirt off of her.

"Tell me, what is it that you heard me say? Do you know who it is I am?"
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
"I don't often have reason to act, Miss. It is far better to tell the truth and accept what one has coming to them. You seemed to feel as though I deserved death for what I'd done. I didn't feel it was right to argue, especially in front of good Master Wright. But I must confess, I did not hear much, only that you and Master Wright are old friends, and that he called for you somehow to come from the wilds. I should have left when I knew that Master Wright was safe, but I was curious about what might draw him away from such merriment as was found in the tavern on this fine evening."

Elwynn grins sheepishly, wondering if perhaps she should stand up for herself a bit more. She decides that she should, if she can, because Vechis had encouraged it by telling her she should leave with Shiya to broaden her horizons.

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Storyteller wrote:FATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 VJGVJFATESPHERE -- Chapter 1: The Coldest Night - Page 2 V6cbq
Vechis speaks to Elwynn, relieved that Brinia has lowered her blade. "Brinia, we can trust her. Elwynn's good friends with the other two I told you about. She won't hinder you in anyway."

He turns to Brinia to introduce her. "Elwynn, I would like you to meet my good friend, Saint Brinia Gethin-Tryce. I requested her presence in a... particularly tricky situation, one I would never be able to solve without jeopardizing the safety of many in this town."

"Well," the Saint interrupts, "not me specifically. I'm sure you were expecting someone else."

[Knowledge History or Knowledge Religion to glean more information on Brinia and the Saints.]
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
1d20 + 1=17 Intelligence check!

"Saint...Tryce?"

Elwynn scrambles to her knees again, this time to kneel in respect.

"I am honored."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emmori Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Storyteller wrote:As Elwynn bows, Saint Tryce gets somewhat embarrassed look on her face and hurriedly picks Elwynn up.

"Please, it's just Brinia right now! I'm not used to this... I've only been a Saint now for a few weeks now. Plus, it'd be better if people here didn't know who I really am for the time being, at least until I find out what I need to know."

"Speaking of which... Elwynn the Singer, what can you tell me about an arson that reportedly occur here approximately five months ago?"
Emmori
Emmori
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slob Blobknob Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Elwynn Ariana wrote:
1d20 + 5=11 Knowledge: Local check!

"They're saying it was an arson? Goodness! I had only heard about a fire! I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know if everyone got out okay. I should have been there. I could have helped."

Elwynn looks disappointed in herself.

"I do try my best to help everyone."

Slob Blobknob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deimosion Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Shiya Oaks wrote:

Shiya smiles and looks at Kiana.

"Sorry, Kiana. It's just...I miss her sometimes. Still...I should be glad she escaped. Better than the alternative. But ah! This is a night for merriment, not depression! More ale! And I'll take more of the stew if there's any left!"

She motions for Yelda to bring more food and drink.

Deimosion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next